Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I am truth.

I wanted my first one-a-day drawing to be something that meant something. And I found this unexpected inspiration from Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa. I see her often on my tv screen in an on-again-off-again attempt at prenatal yoga. "I am truth", she inspires us to think. 'Sat' when you inhale, 'Nam' as you exhale will help me get through labor, she says. So, I have been thinking of her a lot.
Most gurus I meet on dvds are simple, and clad in cotton saris or unembellished kurtas. But Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa inspires the artist in me with her clear skin, clean spirit, and well placed jewelry. If I could own sets of turban pins and matching necklaces, I wouldn't mind trading my jeans for flowing white cotton. With this in mind, I wanted to draw her, and the words she inspires me to believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment